|This page is part of the MediaWiki Action API documentation.|
This page provides an overview of the MediaWiki action API. This page is intended for technical contributors and software developers who wish to understand and use the MediaWiki action API.
All Wikimedia wikis have endpoints that follow this pattern:
The MediaWiki action API is a web service that allows access to some wiki-features like authentication, page operations, and search. It can provide meta information about the wiki and the logged-in user.
Uses for the MediaWiki Action API
- Monitor a MediaWiki installation
- Create a bot to maintain a MediaWiki installation
- Log into a wiki, access data, and post changes by making HTTP requests to the web service
Getting started with MediaWiki action API
Before you start using the MediaWiki action API, you should review the following pages:
These terms apply to you when you access or edit using the API, just as they do when you use your web browser.
If you do not find what you are looking for in this API documentation, there are many other APIs related to Wikimedia projects. See the Web APIs hub for information on other APIs for Wikimedia project data and their usage.
- What must I do about my cousin
- How did humans begin to use electricity
- Why cant we see the 4th dimension
- Why is Lord Shiva known as Bhootnath
- Does anxiety cause chest tightness
- Are Austrians proud of their heritage
- Why is VR so demanding
- Is Line Korean or Japanese
- What do Americans think of British money
- Are scambaiters often racist
- Excessive worrying is what kind of stress
- What video games were discontinued
- Is there anything like half soul
- What does dealing in securities mean
- Is poverty an advantage to the government
- How can you short OTC stocks
- Can WordPress do e commerce