Love, in all forms is a pleasing emotion. People who are in love, are healthier, happier and more active socially. It is often the case that, with love, comes an aura of beauty around women, and a sense of confidence and courage in men.
Indeed, those who have never fallen in love, are missing out on a great deal. Love is a product I am trying to promote for my own selfish personal gains, which include, living in a more caring and loving society, talking to people who understand love and have loved, building relationships with people who know what relationships are, et cetera.
This article is for those who have, or think they have fallen love. I am not going to talk of signs of infatuation, which appear like symptoms of love, but are far more pronounced and ephemeral. So, here are the 5 symptoms :
- The world seems a better place
No, the problems of the world do not disappear. It is just your perception and point of view that changes. With love comes more self-confidence and courage, allowing you to face the world with increased vigor.
- A distorted sense of time when you are thinking about the person
In the absence of the person, you might lie down in bed thinking fondly about him/her, and it only seems like a few minutes when in reality you might have spent more than an hour. And to top it all, you are not even tired of thinking so much. It is a fact that people in love have daydreams which are not only longer, but also more real.
On the other extreme, a day in the absence of that person might seem extra-ordinarily long.
- Acceptance of flaws without complaints
Yes, in the state of limerence, you might just not be able to see any flaws with your object of love. With the passage of time however, when that stage has passed, you do recognize and realize that your beloved is neither godly nor flawless. In true love, these flaws are accepted without complaints and if necessary, compromises are consciously made.
- Deep sense of sharing
Your happiness does not seem complete until you have shared it with your beloved. Any and all possessions you have, you willing share with him/her. You do not think twice about compromising on your needs, if you feel the needs of your partner are not fulfilled.
- You never get bored of the person
Never.. as in, even after several years of knowing each other. Everyday, you can talk and chatter and never run out of words, or grow tired listening. You know everything about him/her and yet he/she continues to amuse you.
Well, these symptoms are for real, but it takes time for you to confirm them. If you have already lived for several years with your beloved, you will be able to relate to them. And for those who are still new in the relationship, hang in there for the infatuation to pass and the real emotions and feelings to emerge.
- Is Jain food available in IIT Roorkee
- Is every squadron leader a pilot
- What is the Bo Diddley Beat
- How do we understand things
- Where is the India Gate located
- What causes intense internal burning heat waves
- How long do unopened kalamata olives last
- How good is the internet in India
- What should intelligence be measured with
- What is better Lindt or Godiva
- How can limiting beliefs fuel our growth
- Can I get more marks in VTU
- What Kraftwerk sampled song is the best
- Why is gravity a universal force
- How do I get trade license
- Is mint also called peppermint