A desktop computer can be connected to a Wi-Fi connection just as easily as a laptop or cellphone. Depending on the type of device you are on, connecting to Wi-Fi may vary but the basics remain the same.
In order to connect a desktop or PC to Wi-Fi, you will need to make sure your desktop has a wireless network adapter. Check for the wireless network adapter by selecting the “Start” button, typing “device manager” in the search box, and selecting “Device Manager” when it appears. Expand “Network adapters” and look for/select a network adapter with the word “wireless” in the name.
You will then need to position your wireless router where it will receive the strongest signal with the least amount of interference.
The benefits of connecting a desktop to wireless network connection include being able to set your workspace up anywhere that there is a power outlet rather than being limited to where the modem is. Connecting a desktop via Wi-Fi means you no longer have to physically connect the modem to the desktop computer.
If you have questions regarding your computer Wi-Fi, or you need help with Wi-Fi setup for your PC, contact Geeks on Site today!
- What is best framework for creative programming
- What is a TCS email ID
- What do Americans think of British money
- How is Christ University for economics honours
- Is saturated fat in nuts
- Is Assam changing under Sarbananda Sonowal
- What makes you mad easily
- Can you live without friends
- Should you smell propane while grilling
- Can I get more marks in VTU
- Why do you love Frederic Chopin
- Why are my acne scars getting deeper
- What is a wet nurse
- What are some amazing innovations by Indians
- What is your name in Turkish
- Which cars are these
- What causes color blindness
- How did the metric system develop
- What are the certification paths in OutSystems