People thought the identity of the Rabbit on The Masked Singer was the biggest mystery on television—until we learned more puzzling details about another contestant on the show. On Wednesday night, the Bee revealed new clues about herself that have everyone buzzing.
The internet is convinced that Gladys Knight is behind the Bee disguise, with 51% of Twitter users voting that it's her. Most of what we already know about the Bee seems to support this theory:
- She started her "long career" in the 1950s.
- Being a "worker bee keeps [her] young."
- People can call her "Queen Bee" but "Empress also suits [her]."
- She's 5'4."
- Clue videos have shown kitchenware, synchronized swimmers, and shots of peaches.
Gladys—otherwise known as the "Empress of Soul"— started a family act called the The Pips with her siblings and cousins in 1952. She is also 5'4", a mature singer, well known for her cooking, and hails from Georgia, the state famous for its peaches. Fans also pointed out that Gladys's rendition of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl in February sounded exactly like the Bee's voice on The Masked Singer.
All of this evidence seems convincing—but Gladys is not the Bee.
The mystery contestant's latest hint revealed that she has won 10 Grammy Awards. People quickly became confused about how many Gladys has won, so we're here to set the record straight.
Some fans seem to think that she has earned 10 Grammy Awards over the years: seven on her own, and three additional Grammys with her group, Gladys Knight & The Pips.
But a deeper investigation into the singer's successful career proves that she has only won seven in total. Three of the awards that fans are adding to her list of accolades are in fact shared with The Pips, but still part of her overall total.
Need more evidence? Here's an excerpt from her official website:
The great ones endure, and Gladys Knight has long been one of the greatest. Very few singers over the last fifty years have matched her unassailable artistry. This seven-time Grammy winner has enjoyed #1 hits in Pop, Gospel, R&B and Adult Contemporary, and has triumphed in film, television and live performance.
Note the phrase "seven-time Grammy winner." Seven, not 10!
So, who could be the Bee? There's only one person who fits all the requirements, including winning 10 Grammys: Chaka Khan.
Here's to hoping next week's clues or reveal proves us right!
Kelly O'SullivanContent Strategy EditorKelly O’Sullivan is the content strategy editor for CountryLiving.com and also covers entertainment news, from standout moments on “The Voice” to the latest drama on “Chicago Fire.”
- Does Batman believe in God
- Why do humans lose hope and belief
- How do I use Windows Sandbox
- Where can I meet Lucas Villar
- Is the concept of bail unfair
- Why are artist so emotional
- What does overlooking a person mean
- Why are nuclear reactors so expensive
- Do civil engineers get good jobs
- How has political correctness affected you personally
- What element is stone made of
- Do chemical sunscreens cause hyperpigmentation
- Can two planets share a satellite moon
- Are doctors overpaid in the US
- Is illegal to watch videos YouTube
- Did Roland Bartetzko ever fight against Muslims