Located in the continent of Europe, Portugal covers 91,470 square kilometers of land and 620 square kilometers of water, making it the 111th largest nation in the world with a total area of 92,090 square kilometers.
Portugal was founded as a distinct and original nation in 1139. The population of Portugal is 10,781,459 (2012) and the nation has a density of 118 people per square kilometer.
The currency of Portugal is the Euro (EUR). As well, the people of Portugal are refered to as Portuguese.
The dialing code for the country is 351 and the top level internet domain for Portuguese sites is .pt.
Portugal shares land borders with only one country, Spain.
To learn more, visit our detailed Portugal section.
|Density||117.9 / km2 ( 305.3 / mi2 )|
|GDP||230,000,000,000 (2014 data)|
|GDP per Capita||21,333 (2014 data)|
|Land Area||91,470 km2 (35,317 mi2)|
|Water Area||620 km2 (239 mi2)|
What is the capital of Portugal?
Lisbon is the capital city of Portugal. It has a population of 517,802, and is located on a latitue of 38.72 and longitude of -9.13.
Lisbon is also the political center of Portugal, which is considered a Republic, and home to its Executive head of state.
Quick Facts About Lisbon, the Capital Of Portugal
|Elevation||45 meters over sea level|
Most popular cities in Portugal
|#10||Vila Nova de Gaia||70,811|
|#13||Rio de Mouro||54,695|
Trending on WorldAtlas
This page was last updated on October 2, 2015.
- What Halloween costume did you regret wearing
- Is Jordan Belfort a real person
- Is the Taj Mahal overrated 1
- What are the factors affecting respiration
- How would you describe life at Grenada
- Are numbers mental entities
- How are McDonald s burgers so cheap
- Can cats or dogs catch human diseases
- Why do Indians smell of curry
- Whats so distinctive about Sigur Ros
- Is there direct admission to IISc
- Is TikTok as popular as Vine
- Why are Korean people so beautiful
- Where should I invest 20K 1
- Is violence art
- What does foreach loop mean