Srinagar: Chairman of moderate Hurriyat Conference Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Friday said the outstation students at NIT here are safe and asked them to concentrate on their studies rather than playing in the hands of "opportunists" and "divisive forces".
"Whatever is happening in the NIT for the past few days is unfortunate. Some political parties and majority of Indian electronic media are exaggerating the situation and trying to portray it as an issue between Hindu and Muslims and state versus non-state subjects with an objective to seek shifting of the institute," he said, adding they would not succeed in their nefarious designs.
Addressing a Friday congregation at Jamia Masjid in downtown Srinagar, the Mirwaiz said the outstation students are safe in the valley and asked them to concentrate on their studies rather than playing in the hands of "opportunists" and "divisive forces".
"The traditional brotherhood of Kashmiris, their humanity and moral values are a glaring example for the entire world. Despite facing bloodshed and oppression over the past 25 years, the people of Kashmir have never compromised with their tradition.
"During 2008 and 2010 agitations and again in 2014 when the devastating floods hit the region, the local populace risked their lives to ensure safety of thousands of tourists and saved their lives, making it amply clear that their fight is against the injustice and Indian oppression and not against the people of India," the separatist leader said.
"Where were those people who are now playing petty politics when Kashmiri students were subjected to torture and forced out of their colleges in various parts of India," he questioned.
Praising the local students for demonstrating patience and maintaining brotherhood during the recent events at NIT, Kashmir university and other institutes despite provocation, Mirwaiz appealed local business community to invest in education sector in the valley so that majority of the students are relieved from seeking education outside the valley.
"It is the need of the hour as the emerging situation is not conducive for the local students to pursue education outside the valley. There always remains a concern for their safety," he said.
- Is programming interesting
- What have you done for others recently
- How far is Cappadocia from Ankara
- Can MATLAB be considered a programming language
- Do Palestinian Christians have Jewish ancestry
- Why is military training so intense
- How is the nightlife in Moradabad India
- What makes a person humiliate themselves
- How do I register in ResearchGate
- When did Macarthur leave the Philippines
- How do EuroMillions numbers work
- What is a space walk
- How is NIIT University regarding placements
- Which language is Aku Udah Stap Ya
- What are the effects of hybridization
- Can Breezer be taken with Vodka
- Does money give us freedom
- How do you write a job recommendation
- How do I remove backlinks
- Why I feel demotivated all the time