Blasting with glass beads offers the flexibility to remove many types of surface imperfections, including burrs, rust, and paint removal resulting in a brightly polished matte type finish. Finishing Systems stocks a vast inventory of many different types of abrasive blasting media for your blasting processes. If you would prefer to outsource your blasting we promise affordably priced and rapid turn around blasting in our York, PA job shop. Allow us to go to work for you!
Contact Us Today
For Cleaning, Finishing, Peening, and Deburring Applications
- Environmentally Safe – glass media abrasives are one of the safest blasting materials
- Economical – May be reused several times reducing your material and disposal costs
- Glass Impact Beads contain No Free Silica
- Chemically Inert – no ferrous or other residual contaminants
- Provides a bright, matte, surface finish – adding to the aesthetic appeal of a finished product often seen in architectural pieces
- Cleans quickly and efficiently without significant metal removal – thereby reducing damage to a metal substrate
- Imparts a controlled, clean finish on a variety of metals
Examples of Typical Glass Media Blasting Applications
Glass media blasting is a flexible process that is commonly used in a wide range of manufacturing processes. Smaller glass bead abrasive material is well-suited for lighter processes involving fine detail work. Medium-size glass beads make the best choice when working with metal materials such as aluminum and stainless steel and are known for their ability to hide defects on the substrate surface. Large glass beads work well for cleaning and deburring of rough surfaces found on many metal castings and various automotive parts. You can trust Finishing Systems for all of your glass bead blasting media needs, contact us today!
Another important benefit of using glass beads for sandblasting is that the process generates a relatively small amount of dust. This is because glass beads can be blasted at a lower PSI than many other types of media. Reduced dust levels enhance operators’ visibility during the blasting process, allowing them to work more effectively. Less dirt and dust also saves time and reduces the costs associated with keeping the work area clean, which can have a positive impact on the company’s bottom line.
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Glass Bead Blast Media Products and Services
Finishing Systems carries a wide assortment of glass beads in numerous sizes. With more than 40 years of metal finishing experience, we can also provide the know-how to help you design and implement a glass bead finishing process that meets the needs of your operation. Our modern York, PA facility features the latest glass bead blasting equipment for use in both pressure and wheel blasting techniques.
Contact us today to learn more about the many advantages glass blasting media can provide for your metal finishing operation, as well as our extensive selection of media and glass bead blasting machine and equipment offerings. Glass bead blast media product samples are available upon request.
Metal Finishing Beads:
|PN||Designation||US Sieve||Inches Max||Inches Min||Microns Max||Microns Min||Min % Round|
Mil-Spec Glass Beads:
|PN||Designation||US Siece||Inches Max||Inches Min||Microns Max||Microns Min||Min % Round|
- What is the after 5 dress code
- What do Americans think about Delaware State
- Which famous Bollywood fashion designers are gay
- Is Tata Bolt a good car
- How do you properly consume Jello Shots
- Is F O safe for intraday trading
- Is nothingness a philosophical or scientific issue
- What are worms insects or mammals
- What is the cheapest moving company
- Is being yourself overrated
- Is loneliness healthy
- How effective is toothpaste against cystic acne
- How do you get Fabindia franchise
- How can I start bitcoin programming
- Whats wrong with the anti GMO label