Qutab-ud-din Aibak, the first Muslim ruler of Delhi, commenced the construction of the Qutab Minar in 1200 AD, but could only finish the basement. His successor, Iltutmush, added three more storeys, and in 1368, Firoz Shah Tughlak constructed the fifth and the last storey.
Who built Char Minar?
The fifth ruler of the Qutub Shahi dynasty, Sultan Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, built the Charminar in 1591 after shifting his capital from Golkonda to Hyderabad. Charminar has become a local and national landmark as well as a global icon of Hyderabad.
Is Delhi is a state or union territory?
Delhi is neither a State, nor a Union Territory. It used to be a full fledged Union Territory till 1991, when the 69th amendment of the Constitution gave it a special status. The amendment declared the Union Territory of Delhi to be formally known as National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Which are the 7 union territories of India?
The seven union territories are:
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- Daman and Diu.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- What is a QTIP trust
- Will the world ever stop being lazy
- Should Hong Kong ban the Mandarin language
- What is Dyno Tuning
- How can I get a URN number
- How has religion harmed humanity
- What is branded SMS
- What war crime is most commonly committed
- What is the point of Morse code
- How do I become more sociable 2
- What is the point of ice sculptures
- Is mechanical engineering preferable to do
- Why do Italians have low birth rates?no_redirect=1
- What decisions does a film editor make
- How often should I tweet on Twitter?no_redirect=1